Osinbajo reacts to Lekki Massacre says it was a terrible event

Osinbajo reacts to Lekki Massacre says it was a terrible event

Nigeria Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has reacted to the Lekki gruesome massacre of innocent protesters, describing the event as terrible and palpable.

Osinbajo’s tweets remain the only message so far from a source in the Presidency since the incident at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos State.

In series of tweets personally signed by the Vice President on his Twitter handle, he says “The pain of these terrible events is palpable in our towns and cities, and some losses are irreplaceable, but we can and will get justice for all of them. I stand with Lagos & all other affected states in these trying times”.

This is coming after Osinbajo on Friday night apologized in a letter addressed to Nigerians over the delay in government’s action to meet the demands of #EndSARS protesters.

AUTHENTIC ALSO POSTED: ENDSARS: Multiple Dead bodies litter streets in Lagos

Read full text of his tweets below:

“My heart goes out to all the victims of the Lekki shootings, and also the policemen and all other men and women who lost their lives in the past few days in different parts of Lagos & other states.

I spoke to some of those in hospital. The pain of these terrible events is palpable in our towns and cities, and some losses are irreplaceable, but we can and will get justice for all of them. I stand with Lagos & all other affected states in these trying times.

We pray we will never see a repeat of these tragedies in Jesus name. God bless you all. – YO”

AUTHENTIC ALSO POSTED  Outcome of Osinbajo meeting with US VP, Mike Pence

Give a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.