Ojo Amos Olatunde has been appointed as the acting Clerk of the National Assembly of Nigeria following the immediate retirement of Sani-Omolori.
Sani Omolori was retired following the expiration of his tenure which he keep saying that the eighth assembly had approved his tenure extension.
Meanwhile the National Assembly Service Commission has repeatedly queried Mohammed Sani-Omolori for refusing to retire as clerk of the national assembly after 35 years in service.
The previous assembly saw the conditions of service of the national assembly staff being amended.
The federal legislators increased the requirement of retirement for the staff to 65 years or 40 years of pensionable service.
AUTHENTIC NEWS GIANT reports how Sani-Omolori failed to leave despite being due for retirement.
In a statement on Friday, Ahmed Amshi, chairman of the commission, said Olatunde was appointed as acting clerk after an emergency meeting.
Bala Yabani Mohammed was appointed acting deputy clerk of the national assembly, and Dauda Ibrahim El-Ladan was made acting clerk of the senate.
Patrick Giwa was retained as clerk of the house of representatives until his retirement in November.
Also, Yusuf Asir Danbatta was appointed as acting secretary to the commission.
“All appointments are with immediate effect,” Amshi said
Full List of New National Assembly Manangement
1. Ojo Amos Olatunde – Action Clerk To the National Assembly
2. Bala Yabani Mohammed Acting Deputy Clerk to the National Assembly
3. Dauda Ibrahim El-Ladan – Acting Clerk, Senate
4. Patrick A. Giwa – to remain Clerk, House of Representatives pending in retirement in November, 2020
5. Yusuf Asir Danbatta – Acting Secretary to the National Assembly Service Commission