The Inspector General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu has ordered the immediate redeployment of 11 police commissioners to various Commands and Formations.
This is coming after the president of Nigeria Muhammadu Buhari approves the Re-organisation of the Nigeria Police Force.
- Osun State – CP Undie J. Adie
- Edo State – CP Johnson Babatunde Kokumo, mni
- Bauchi State – CP Lawal Jimeta Tanko
- Ebonyi State – CP Philip Sule Maku, fdc
- Gombe State – CP Ahmed Maikudi Shehu
- Ondo State – CP Bolaji Amidu Salami
- Oyo State – CP Joe Nwachukwu Enwonwu
- Eastern Port – CP Evelyn T. Peterside
- EOD – CP Okon Etim Ene, fdc
- Airport Command – CP Bello Maikwashi
- Anti-Fraud Unit (FCID Annex Lagos) – CP Olukolu Tairu Shina
In a statement by the Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO), Force Headquarters, Abuja, DCP Frank Mba, the Inspector General of Nigeria Police charged the newly posted officers to ensure they “consolidate and advance the gains of their predecessors particularly in the implementation of community-policing, crime prevention, public security, public safety and general crime fighting.”
Adamu also enjoined the citizens to cooperate with the Commissioners of Police to enable them succeed in their new areas of responsibilities.