Big Brother Naija has released the rules binding the Reality Television Show for the fifth Season as relates to bloggers and Social Media Influencers.
“The most important thing we can do for Biggie while on Social Media is not break the rules and regulations that govern the Piracy Policy for Big Brother Naija”
Here we are again, another year of Biggie turning housemates lives upside down and creating more unforgettable Big Brother Naija magic. Those magical moments have a way of making “Like’s” and “Follows” happen, but in the quest to get the most out of your Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, and other social media postings there are a few spells you should avoid.
Your position as a Blogger or Social Media Influencer means you are closer to our content sometimes than we are, but since it’s our intellectual property here’s what you need to know is a “NO-NO!” during your coverage of Big Brother Naija and all its wonderful drama.
1. When you’re looking for a name, please don’t use any of ours. Trade names and domains like “Big Brother Naija”, “BBN”, “BBN Season 5” are our babies, please invest the time and creativity to make your own.
2. Sharing is caring, but if you record over one minute of Big Brother using a phone, handheld device, Youtube, or any social media will be considered a LIVE-Stream. Live streams are so bad you will fall our hand if you go’am.
3. We know you want fans to watch along with you, but abeg you no make any calls for fans to watch live or pre-recorded footage of Big Brother on your social platform. If people want to watch, they don’t need a middle man.
4. If you have access to our text-based tweets or images from the Africa Magic website and all the official content from the Social Media pages BigBrotherNaija, DStv, GOtv and the content bank. If you use them then you must credit them, and if you don’t it’s gonna be wahalla.
5. Only put a watermark on the content you created, if you watermark our photos and videos, then you 419.
6. When the time to drop hashtags comes into play, use our official one:#BBNaija one, or any of the other officially communicated ones. (e.g.#PepperDem)
7. Reposting and retweeting from our official Social Media Page is encouraged. BigBrotherNaija, DStv, GOtv and Africa Magic want your friends and fans to enjoy the fun too, so don’t be scared to share it correctly.
That’s the whole story and it was nothing but the truth, so just follow the guidelines and we won’t become enemies after starting as friends. Now let’s get Africa’s biggest and reality show steady trending as usual.
Consider yourself advised that MultiChoice reserves the right to restrict or prevent access to certain Social Media platforms if the use of BBNaija content is considered IP infringement. IP infringement may result in a loss of your social media handles and channels.